The ancient Chang Vateshwar temple is located on the banks of river Karha, at the foothills of Purandar fort in the village of Narayanpur near Saswad. It is about an hour and a half drive from Pune. The temple is constructed in Hemadpanti style and has inscriptions on the wall which preach teaching of Changdev Maharaj. The temple was built around 1200-1300 AD and redeveloped during the reign of Shivaji Maharaj. As with most temples constructed during this period, the structure is created with interlocked basalt rocks supported by iron and joined together using an ancient adhesive made of lime stone and other chemicals.